1. Write a thing.
2. Remove all jokes.
3. Put in one reference for a mate. He’s guaranteed to laugh.
4. Pretend not to be bothered about a thing that really bothers you.
5. Persuade some newspaper to let you put it up on their website.
6. Do one of those things that everyone nearly recognises as you almost rely on the comedy of familiarity and shared experience but change it in such a way that people are left thinking, “Eh? what’s that fish for?”
7. Do an extra check to make sure none of the jokes survived.
8. Use a mallet to make a point with subtlety, dexterity, and panache (by Lentheric).
9. Find some way
10. To make it reach ten points.