My son at eight months holding a torch.
2. What’s your current relationship status?
Together for 8 years. Married for 4 and a half.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Not personally, but I have attended funerals soon afterwards.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
5. What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now?
Something from Boogie Beebies about shoes. It is very irritating.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry:
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Not a clue.
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Yesterday my son came across a Campion DVD and asked if that was daddy. So Peter Davison as Campion. I was also stopped at Queen Street station by fourteen different people one morning and asked if I was the Real Radio Fugitive.
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
10. Do you have anything pierced?
11. Do you have any tattoos?
12. Do you like pain?
13. Do you like to shop?
For books, or DVDs.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
A return train ticket
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Day of the Triffids DVD, Sunset Song, and three children’s books – one illustrated by David Melling and two illustrated by the great Raymond Briggs.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
17. What is on your desktop background?
My son holding a torch (default icon) at home, my daughter and wife (at work)
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
19. Do you like redheads?
20. Do you know any twins?
My brother-in-law is a twin. Well one of a pair, really. They don’t look alike, and never have apparently.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
It depends on the meaning of “weird”. However, some think that my grandmother who balances her false teeth on the end of her nose and used to tell jokes around clubs and dance halls is a little peculiar.
22. What was the last movie you watched?
Wallace and Gromit – Curse of the Were Rabbit.
23. What was the last book you read?
Borges, “Fictions” (pleasure); Ferguson, “Common Good Law” (work)