The Radio Times has published a list of the 50 worst programmes seen on British telly (apparently – although we are lacking much on the way of Dale Winton or Justin Lee Collins (the Pete Best of the Wurzels) or Jimmy (I’m sexist and racist in an ironic way) Carr). There is a brief article in the Guardian and the Letterman type top 10 list is as follows:
1. Naked Jungle (2000)
2. Minipops (1983)
3. Triangle (1981-83)
4. Quickfire Balls (Avago) (2006)
5. Annie’s Bar (1996)
6. Wright Here, Wright Now (2002)
7. Love Thy Neighbour (1972-76)
8. Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (1984-91)
9. Through The Keyhole (1983-)
10. A Year In Provence (1993)
Bubbling under – Heil, Honey I’m Home (a cheat as it was never broadcast IIRC).
No sign of Carnal Knowledge, a late night ITV gameshow which first brought Graham Norton to our screens, nor any ITV drama starring Ross Kemp, nor The Mint. In fact, a disappointing lack of current ITV output.